Dev Space

Customize and extend the power of Alteryx with SDKs, APIs, custom tools, and more.
SOLVED

Alteryx to U.S. Patent Office API

willmccartney
5 - Atom

Hello,

My name is Will and I am relatively new to Alteryx API connections. I'm working on a project where I am trying to connect Alteryx to the Unites States Patent & Trademark Office data set. I'd like to connect and initiate a "full download" but continue to receive a "400" error when I enter the request URL via a Text Input and run the Download Tool. I've tried to follow the "/full-download" directions found here: https://ped.uspto.gov/api/swagger-ui.html#!/home/showHomePageUsingGET. Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction? Thank you in advance!

willmccartney_0-1599513807679.png

3 REPLIES 3
KaneG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @willmccartney,

The error here is because the full-download endpoint requires a filename to be passed. That endpoint is to perform a full download of a file, not of all files. The first endpoint returns metadata that you can parse with the JSON Parse and has filenames in it, so maybe they work when included on the full details call.

willmccartney
5 - Atom

Thanks very much @KaneG. I think this makes sense - do you have an example you could share, by chance?

KaneG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I've mocked up an example attached. Take a look through it. It downloads the Zip that contains the Json's.