Denver, CO

Welcome to the Denver User Group

Click in the JOIN GROUP button to follow our news and attend our events!

Welcome to the Denver User Group!

TaylorM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello, User Group Members! Please take a moment by answering the questions below to introduce yourself to the Denver User Group Community. Once again welcome!

1. What’s your name and what industry do you hail from?
  2. What was the last movie you went to? What did you think?
  3. What Alteryx Tool represents you the most?
13 REPLIES 13
AliKat
8 - Asteroid

Well, it looks like someone needs to get this party started! 

1. I'm Alexandra, and I hail from the healthcare industry. My job and passion is taking disparate data and coaxing it into actionable information to improve healthcare and our wellbeing. 

2. The last movie I went to was Batman v Superman. It wasn't bad, though to be perfectly honest I'm more of an X-Men kinda gal. 

3. I think that the Allocate Append tool represents me the best, because I love to connect and enrich, both professionally and personally. From a more literal standpoint, one of my soap boxes in research is the need to incorporate social, demograpic and economic data to best understand the full context. 

Okay, that's me! Who's next?

Cady
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Okay it’s my turn:

1. I’m Cady and I work in the Electronic Monitoring industry developing solutions for community corrections. I’ve worked developing ankle bracelets for offender monitoring and now I get to use Alteryx to gain insight from our data.
  2. The last movie I went to was Star Wars… I thought it was great!
  3. I’m not sure what tool most represents me but some tools I really like are Regex, Multi Row Formula, Spatial Joins and Heat Maps.

I look forward to hearing more about everyone!

Cady

arnold_slabbekoorn
7 - Meteor

1. My name is Arnold and I hail from the Retail/Wholesale industry working for the 3rd largest online retailer in the US.

2. The last move I saw was the The Big Short about the subprime mortgage housing bubble with Christian Bale. I thought it was really good, I guess because data analytics was used to predict the downfall by him. Last movie in theatre was Kung Fu Panda 3 with my kids, they loved it, I think 1 and 2 were better.

3. the Tableau Server Publication Macro tool is the tool I like the best as we have fully automated the data transfer, join, transformation and tde file upload from our databases to our Tableau server using Alteryx server scheduling overnight.

Philip
12 - Quasar
  1. What’s your name and what industry do you hail from? My name is Philip, and my current industry is government supporting animal health and epidemiology.
  2. What was the last movie you went to? What did you think? The last movie I went to was Zootopia with the kids. I really enjoyed it! The sloths scene at the DMV was hillarious!
  3. What Alteryx Tool represents you the most? If I have to pick, I'd say the "Join Multiple" tool because so much of what I do involves putting disparate data sets together (animal information, spatial information, lab test results, environmental information, etc.) from many different data sources (databases, Excel spreadsheets, geospatial formats, etc.) to create a cohesive data set for analysis and answering questions. The second would be ReGex because I enjoy looking for--and finding!-- patterns.
jgreene
8 - Asteroid

1. My name is Jeremy Greene and I work primarily with product registration and call center data from a number of large manufacturers.

2. The last movie that I went to in the theatre was Zootopia with my kids. It was a lot of fun and I agree about the DMV scene, it was hilarious.

3. I think I'm going to go witht he Filter tool as I frequently find myself in the position of having to filter all the nonsense out of the data we work with to get to the important stuff.

bemissk
5 - Atom
  1. Hello. My name is Kimberly and I from the healthcare industry.  
  2. I have 2 young children so I don't make it out to the movies very often, but I did make it out to see Star Wars The Force Awakens! 
  3. The Join tools represent me. I love to bring data and people together!  
jacob_barlow
7 - Meteor

1. I'm Jacob and I Alteryx in the telecommunications industry.

2. The last movie I saw was Deadpool, for the second time. It was even more hilarious the second time. Definately not for the kiddos though.

3. Spatial Match is my tool. A lot of what I do involves making maps and aggregating disparate datasets by various geographies.

ctam
5 - Atom

Hello, my name is Cyndi Tamayo. I work for SCL Health (Healthcare)

Would watching a movie on the plane trip back from Inspire 2016 be considered 'going out to a movie????'. If so it would be Joy. Even though I never got to see the ending and intermitted interruptions, I can say that it would be worth watching again in a better environment.

At this point, I would have to say Input since I am very new to the tool and am looking for lots more input from everyone :)

Alleeb
5 - Atom

1. Brian Allee, SCL Health, Healthcare data

2. Movies, aint nobody got time for that~

3. Data Cleansing, because with healthcare data there is a LOT of clean up to do...