Denver, CO

Welcome to the Denver User Group

Click in the JOIN GROUP button to follow our news and attend our events!

SOLVED

New member to the group

tbrook207
6 - Meteoroid

Hi there everyone

Throwing a quick introduction of myself as I just joined the user group as a very very new Alteryx user.  I'm currently a portfolio / project manager, whose been tasked with digging into Alteryx to see if it's a good fit for our group in terms of metrics, KPI and as a possible resource between Smartsheets, Jira and the like.  So this is a pre-emptive cheer to the folks out in Denver, from DTC.

I figure too it's worth mentioning I have a minimal analytical background (IT project manager here) so this world is a bit new, but happy to jump into things and see what I can break while I learn some new tech & methods. 

3 REPLIES 3
Natalia_vf
6 - Meteoroid

Hi there! Welcome to the group and the Alteryx community! I personally love Alteryx and use it at work every day. I will be happy to help you with anything you need; I do it for fun! And I am not the only one; we are all very passionate about it in the community. Welcome again!

tbrook207
6 - Meteoroid

Hey there my friend, thank you for the reach out. If you don't mind a question out of the blue... Right now I'm pretty much in a position of learning / discovery with the application, but I don't really have any hard data for it.  As someone whose not really in the data science scene, if one wanted to find some public data sets that I could plug away would you have any suggestions? I'd like to avoid generating dummy data if I could. 

Natalia_vf
6 - Meteoroid

My best friend is the example option in Alteryx. If you click on any tool, it will give you the option to see an example.  

Natalia_vf_0-1686780402537.png

If you click on it, it will take you to a workflow that you can run and play with the dummy data they have. It is super cool! 

Natalia_vf_1-1686780555439.png