Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Denver, CO

Welcome to the Denver User Group

Click in the JOIN GROUP button to follow our news and attend our events!

SOLVED

New member to the group

tbrook207
6 - Meteoroid

Hi there everyone

Throwing a quick introduction of myself as I just joined the user group as a very very new Alteryx user.  I'm currently a portfolio / project manager, whose been tasked with digging into Alteryx to see if it's a good fit for our group in terms of metrics, KPI and as a possible resource between Smartsheets, Jira and the like.  So this is a pre-emptive cheer to the folks out in Denver, from DTC.

I figure too it's worth mentioning I have a minimal analytical background (IT project manager here) so this world is a bit new, but happy to jump into things and see what I can break while I learn some new tech & methods. 

3 REPLIES 3
Natalia_vf
6 - Meteoroid

Hi there! Welcome to the group and the Alteryx community! I personally love Alteryx and use it at work every day. I will be happy to help you with anything you need; I do it for fun! And I am not the only one; we are all very passionate about it in the community. Welcome again!

tbrook207
6 - Meteoroid

Hey there my friend, thank you for the reach out. If you don't mind a question out of the blue... Right now I'm pretty much in a position of learning / discovery with the application, but I don't really have any hard data for it.  As someone whose not really in the data science scene, if one wanted to find some public data sets that I could plug away would you have any suggestions? I'd like to avoid generating dummy data if I could. 

Natalia_vf
6 - Meteoroid

My best friend is the example option in Alteryx. If you click on any tool, it will give you the option to see an example.  

Natalia_vf_0-1686780402537.png

If you click on it, it will take you to a workflow that you can run and play with the dummy data they have. It is super cool! 

Natalia_vf_1-1686780555439.png