Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Denver, CO

Welcome to the Denver User Group

Click in the JOIN GROUP button to follow our news and attend our events!

Common Workflow Patterns

gc
9 - Comet

Hey Denver

I've been spending a lot of time in the Discussions around Data Prep and Blending the last 30 days, and noticed a couple of what I would call "workflow design patterns" being really useful for folks at many levels of Alteryx skill and experience. They aren't necessarily macro-worthy because of changes needed with each implementation, but definitely worth knowing and having handy.

Like "Join, < Make Changes>, then Union" or "Record ID+ Transpose, <Make Changes>, then CrossTab" as parts of workflows to solve a particular problem.

Question: What are your go-to/handiest "workflow design patterns"?

Gene

4 REPLIES 4
MikeN
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Sort - Unique.

gc
9 - Comet

Yeah that's a good one, too. I've only needed it a couple of times, but a great way to check the "dedupedness" (OK not a word) of your data and get rid of what you want gotten rid of. thanks Mike!

Garrett
11 - Bolide

Summarize (to calculate total across all rows) > Append Fields (to add the total value to all rows) > Formula (to calculate the row's percent of total).

gc
9 - Comet

Another good one. Thanks, Garrett