community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denver, CO

Use this group to build a community of Alteryx Users in the Denver, CO area. It is open to all who are already Alteryx users or want to explore the capabilities of Alteryx Advanced Analytics Platform. Ask questions, share ideas and best practices related to Alteryx analytics platform.

Denver User Group Leaders:

Will Horton, SlalomAlejandra Lyon, DCP Midstream Chad Martin, Data Prep U.

Welcome & Guidelines

Find tips to make the most of your User Group experience.

LEARN MORE
Announcement | We'll be doing maintenance between 9am-11am MT on Saturday, January 25th, which may impact your experience. Thanks for your patience as we work on improving the community!
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

Can Alteryx output data to a particular cell/cells in Excel?

Meteoroid

I am hoping to output data from Alteryx into a particular cell or cells in Excel.

We have specific journal entry templates in our Finance Dept to upload into SAP. Is there a tool that i am not aware of that will assist with this? I could have Alteryx export to a new tab in our workpaper and then use Sumifs to populate the entry but I would prefer to have Alteryx generate the entry onto our template.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Meteoroid

There are a few different ways you can do this.

Output to specific cells:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Writing-to-a-specific-cell-in-Excel/td...

Or you can create a named range and output to there:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Excel-Output-to-Named-Range/td-p/45491

We use SAP as well and what I ended up doing was bringing the top 6 rows of the SAP journal entry template into Alteryx with an input tool, then, using a union tool, I set the Output Order to have the template first and the data below that. This will append your journal entry data below the first 6 rows of that template. Then I use a Dynamic Rename to remove the Alteryx designated column headers.

SAP_JE_Upload.JPG

Alteryx
Alteryx

@offerdan you might find this video helpful as well: Parallel Block Until Done Alteryx Macro

It shows how to easily output data to first one tab and then another without errors about the file already being in use. 

Tonya Smith
Technical Product Manager, Engine