Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

User Input to be used as a variable

frankstar123
5 - Atom

Hi,

I am trying to use Alteryx to create a report based on two dates;  i.e Where DateOfEntry >= '01-09-2017' and DateOfEntry <='30/09/2017'

I've added 2 user date pickers and actions to change the two dates without issue, thus a user defined report based on date.

However I want my output data to include two columns that use the two dates the user has defined, but i'm unable to access these two variables.

I have tried defining two new columns in a formula and then using the action to update the formula value for new columns but it doesnt work when ran as analytic app. 

Am i approaching this all incorrectly?

Thanks in advance

Frankie

2 REPLIES 2
andre347
10 - Fireball

You could create a text input with two date columns. Then use an action tool to update these two cells (on for each selection). Then use the Append Fields tool to add these new columns to your original data set.

frankstar123
5 - Atom

Thanks but how do I use two date inputs on a single text input with two columns?

Do i have to create two text inputs with a single column and separate question and action?

Ignore me, i didnt realise you could send multiple questions to a text input (or anything else for that matter)

Thanks

Labels