Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Use of gml (Geography Markup Language) data in Alteryx

Philras
5 - Atom

Hello,

It seems that geography markup language is supported by Alteryx but I cannot seem to find an input method that allows me to work on the data.

Can anyone help me?

https://help.alteryx.com/current/index.htm?_ga=2.206484179.1156389851.1494940184-472162337.149017302...

KR, Phillip

5 REPLIES 5
ChristineB
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Philras

You can bring in your .gml file in a standard input tool.  The trick is to navigate to "All Files" in your file browse.  In your Input tool, select the option to input a "File".  Then, in the directory where you file(s) are saved, make sure to search for "All Files" (see image below).  2017-05-18_1422.png

Select your file and hit "Open".  Your data should import just fine after that!

Hope that helps,

Christine B

Customer Support Engineer 

Philras
5 - Atom

Hi Christine,

Thanks for your suggestion. 

I cannot see my gml files but kml files are visible, when I try to do that. Any other suggestions - do I need to install something?

KR, Phillip

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @Philras

Can you see the files in the folder if you just browse to that folder using Windows Explorer?

Reason for asking is that if you can see them in the standard windows explorer, then the browse window suggested by @ChristineB will find them as long as you set the file type to *.* (which you can do by typing *.* in the filename box).

Philras
5 - Atom

Hi Sean,

Thank you very much it worked writing *.* in the filename box. It does not make sense to me that you need to do this for gml files but not for other file types.

KR, Phillip

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor
Glad to hear it @Philras :). Are you OK to mark this thread as Solved to close it out?

Have a good week
Sean
Labels