Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Stored Procedures are not Supported for this type of connection - MySql

McKinsey_Project
7 - Meteor

I am connected to MySql from Alteryx using the Unicode ODBC driver.

When I try to open the Stored Procedure views, it show the following error:

Screen Shot 2017-01-17 at 1.47.16 PM.png

4 REPLIES 4
RodL
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Per Help, stored procedures are currently only available for SQL Server.  

RodL
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@McKinsey_Project,

One thing I failed to mention last night when it was late, was that you should be able to put the statement "CALL Stored_Procedure_Name" in the Pre Create SQL Statement dialog. This will then run the SP prior to bringing in the input.

Keep in mind that when you open a workflow with this, the Pre Create statement will run on opening and not when the Run button is clicked, so it may not be what you want in your workflow, but I figured it was worth mentioning.

McKinsey_Project
7 - Meteor

Thanks @RodL this definitely helps.  I can create SP in Database and invoke it like regular SQL.  Can it return a cursor and parse over it?  Or can I return a JSON from it and modify in Alteryx?

RodL
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I'm not sure that running a SP in Pre Create SQL will return anything out of the Input Data tool in itself. Where I've seen that type of process used is when the SP would (for example) create a staging table, or update an existing table, that is then actually pointed to as the data source in the Input Data tool.

For your case, it's probably best to experiment (since SPs in any database platform other than MS SQL Server are not actually supported within Alteryx).

Labels