Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Sharepoint List Input - (Extract version/historical data)

rizaru
5 - Atom

Hi All,

I have question regarding sharepoint list input tool. I managed to extract the data from the sharepoint list using this tool. However, I wanted to extract the versioning data from the sharepoint list. As you know, in sharepoint we can enable version function so that we can see the historical data for certain items. But in Alteryx, when I extract the data using this sharepoint list input tool, by default it will only extract the latest data in the list. I'm not able to view the historical changes that has been made in the list. Is there any way we can extract the version/historical data from sharepoint list in Alteryx?

Appreciate your advise on this.

Thanks.

Rizal

4 REPLIES 4
DanC

Hi @rizaru,

Thank you for your question. I will do some research and see if this is possible. Thanks for your patience!

Dan

Dan Chapman
Program Manager, Customer Support
New to the community? Get started here.
rizaru
5 - Atom

Thanks Dan. I really hope we can find a way to extract the versioning data in Alteryx from the sharepoint list.

DanC

Hi @rizaru,

Many thanks for your patience while I tracked down this answer. I wish I had better news for you as, unfortunately, the tool only allows for the latest version of a list to be read. If you would, this would make a great suggestion in the Ideas Section on our Community. If the suggestion receives a lot of votes (or stars), this will get the attention of our developers and that functionality could possibly make it into a future release.

Thank you, and again, I'm sorry that we couldn't give you the answer that you were looking for.

Dan Chapman
Program Manager, Customer Support
New to the community? Get started here.
rizaru
5 - Atom

@DanC wrote:

Hi @rizaru,

Many thanks for your patience while I tracked down this answer. I wish I had better news for you as, unfortunately, the tool only allows for the latest version of a list to be read. If you would, this would make a great suggestion in the Ideas Section on our Community. If the suggestion receives a lot of votes (or stars), this will get the attention of our developers and that functionality could possibly make it into a future release.

Thank you, and again, I'm sorry that we couldn't give you the answer that you were looking for.

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your reply. I already submitted this suggestion in the Idea Section. Hopefully, Alteryx can consider to add this functionality in this tool in near future.

Regards,

Rizal

Labels