Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Problems connecting to SQL

KSmith307
6 - Meteoroid

I just upgraded to Alteryx 11.5 and my workflows connecting to Microsoft SQL server are no longer working. When I open my workflow I see this:

2017-09-11_1453.png

When I try to reconfigure the Input Data tile and click on Microsoft SQL Server I get this:

22.png

Finally, when I try to close and restart, I have to force it close from Windows Task Manager as I get this:

6.png

Please help!

Katie

4 REPLIES 4
LindaT
Alteryx
Alteryx

There appears to be a problem with one of the XML files that is storing your Alias for SQL Server.  The file is in  C:\ProgramData\Alteryx\Engine\System.xml or C:\ProgramData\Alteryx\Engine\User.xml depending on whether or not your alias is a User or System type connection.  If you have a non Admin install the same files exist under C:\Users\<your name here>\AppData\Roaming\Alteryx\Engine

If you rename these files you will no longer crash, but you won't have your Aliases any longer.  If you want to send me your XML file I can see what is wrong and we can try to fix it.

Thank you

Linda

KSmith307
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Linda,

I'm not sure if I have admin or not, but I've attached what I found in the non-admin path.  Is this what you're looking for?

Thanks so much for helping me through this, I'm not very tech savvy :)

Katie

LindaT
Alteryx
Alteryx

That is perfect.  Thank you.  I can reproduce your error and will get back to you shortly.

KSmith307
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you for your assistance Linda!  Renaming the .xml files worked.

Katie

Labels