Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

ODBC - Missing DB2 Data Sources

spetkae09
8 - Asteroid

Hello everyone, 

My computer was just reimaged and im setting up alteryx again after a fresh install. Now im wondering if there is any way to save my settings, DB connections, etc. like saving bookmarks in chrome. Also now my ODBC connections are missing all the options I used to have. How do i get all the DB2 options for my ODBC connections back like below. 

Now it looks like this :

fgdfgdfgdfgd.png

It used to look like this: 

dfgdfgdfgd.png

(screenshot of working DB connections provided by close friend Erich Miller)

1 REPLY 1
Kanderson
10 - Fireball

In this case Alteryx is reading the connections set up in the ODBC data source administrator. If you are using Windows just type ODBC into the windows search bar to find this. You will notice that all of your available connections are classified as user connections. This normally means they were set up by you and are available only to your account (Excel and MS came as pre configured sources on my user). Erich's connections on the other hand are classifed as system connections, and are available to anyone who uses that PC. Depending on your companies security policy you may not be able to add system connections as they are typically set up by a company admin.

If you have access you could set each on of these connections up manually, but given the number of available selections available to Erich its likely your company has an auto provisioning policy that was missed when your computer was reimaged.  

Labels