Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Input Tool CSV limits - only loading 100,000 rows

FIRN
6 - Meteoroid

Hi

I am having a strange problem that alteryx is only letting me import 100,000 rows in the Input Tool when connecting to a .csv file locally on my machine.

I have searched but have not found any reference to any limitations of size restrictions that should be causing this.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Cheers

7 REPLIES 7
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Seems strange, I've never had this issue.

Are you using a browse tool to view your data?

Are you sure you haven't set a record limit in the input tool?

FIRN
6 - Meteoroid

Yes it does seem strange,,,

The browse tool doesn't seem to be the issue, its whats coming from the input tool like so:

Capture.JPG

No record limit. 

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

This is going to sound stupid, but can we be sure the file isn't 100,000 records in length!

Ben

FIRN
6 - Meteoroid

worth the question, its coming up to midnight...

no unfortunately not 184,903,890 rows but not many columns...

david_fetters
11 - Bolide

With the workflow you showed, as long as there isn't a record limit on your input there is no reason why alteryx would stop it at 100,000 records.

Can I ask two questions: How big is your raw CSV's file size on the disk (right click on the file in Windows Explorer and select Properties to view the file size)?  Have you loaded it back into SQL or into another program to confirm that it is indeed 180 million records?

FIRN
6 - Meteoroid

Hi David

Thanks for responding...

There is 180 million rows...

I found the solution, unfortunately not ideal, but a restart of the machine and re-open the software has fixed the issue.

Cheers

paulhet12123131
6 - Meteoroid

Facing a similar issue. Have more than 50K rows in the source. They are grabbed using the "Input data" and the "Output data" seem to insert them all ( at least this is stated in the confirmation message). But, in the target table , I do get only 20K rows. The restart / reload solution did not help. Could you please advice ? Thanks!

Labels