Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Google Sheets Input Bad Request Error

rpaugh
11 - Bolide

I built a gallery app to to pull data from a Google Sheet and put it into a SQL database.  It's worked perfectly for months, but is suddenly showing errors on all of the input connectors:

Alteryx Google Sheets Input Errors.png

I've verified that the developer credentials are correct, that the developer account has permission to the sheet, and that all applicable sheets have the proper headings and data.  I can even run the app as a workflow and it works perfectly but when run as an app (locally or from gallery) it fails.  Does anybody have an idea why these errors would suddenly show up and how to get past them?

2 REPLIES 2
DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@rpaugh If the workflow runs in Designer without error, then the issue will more than likely be in your Interface tool configuration as they are updating the tools in the workflow or something has changed on your server. That is where I would start.

rpaugh
11 - Bolide

@DanM, I had the same thought but all I'm doing in the interface tool configuration is changing the workbook ID, which has worked perfectly in this workflow and numerous others before.  And I haven't changed anything else so as long as the developer credentials used have access to the workbook ID entered via the UI there shouldn't be an issue.  On that note, just for kicks I republished the app with the broken connections to our intranet gallery site and it worked perfectly.  There must be a glitch somewhere with the connection/authentication code used to access Google resources, or Google was just being touchy at the time.  I'll go ahead and mark your post as the solution since that was the most logical course of action on the part of the user.

Thanks.

Labels