Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Failing to Create and Drop Tables in Azure SQL

MinaGO
7 - Meteor

To whom can assist,

I currently use the Microsoft ODBC 13.1 driver (for windows authentication reasons) to connect to an Azure SQL database, I have no problem appending and deleting data but am having no success with creating and dropping tables. The error message is also odd, refering to the username as a schema name. Any help?

Error message:

“Error: Output Data (5): Error creating table "TABLENAME": [Microsoft][ODBC Driver 13 for SQL Server][SQL Server]The specified schema name "USERNAME" either does not exist or you do not have permission to use it.”

2 REPLIES 2
PeterS
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @MinaGO,

That particular error is coming from your Azure SQL Database.  Doing a quick search on the error I found this.  It sounds like you are working to create a table,  you may need to specify your table name in one of these formats as suggested by the article:

<DatabaseName>.<SchemaName>.<ObjectName>
<DatabaseName>..<ObjectName>

So it might look like this when configuring the Output tool in Alteryx:

create table window.png

I would suggest speaking with your DBA for any clarification on your database environment.

In addition, you mentioned that you are using the Mirocsoft ODBC 13.1 driver for connecting to your database.  This driver has not been tested with Alteryx so we cannot guarantee the behavior and results of your connection, our Technical Specifications page lists the drivers that we have tested for Microsoft Azure SQL

Peter Stoddard
Manager, Technical Account Management
Alteryx, Inc.

MinaGO
7 - Meteor

Have checked PeterS's solution and can confirm it works! :)

Labels