Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error opening the file. Permission denied

munirsalim
5 - Atom

I'm getting this error when I try to save my workflow: "Tool (xxx): Error opening file <mypath>. Access is denied."

But all my folders and files are with full control for everyone (the "Everyone" user and all others users).

Has anyone ever experienced this?

Tks!

2 REPLIES 2
jarrod
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

are you saving to gallery? i've come across this issue when saving to scheduled workflows or gallery and the data is on a network drive. In that case, i switched to UNC file paths in the workflow dependencies. (Options -> Advanced Options -> Workflow Dependencies) Scheduler and gallery runs as a different "user" that might not have access to the file/mapped drive.

munirsalim
5 - Atom

Yes, I'm saving to gallery. All files are saved locally. I've tried almost everything about permissions and file paths. The only thing that works was remove all inputs which I was getting "Access Denied" and put it all again. The bad thing about this approach is that I've lot of text files with fixed width, so I spent too much time to fix it.

The strangest thing is that I was importing from several files, all in the same folder and only a few have presented this error.

Thank you!

Labels