Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error When Exporting to Tableau Hyper File Type

rjain
6 - Meteoroid

Hello.  I am using Designer 2018.1 and have a legacy workflow that successfully exports to a .tde (Tableau Data Extract). 

I have converted my Tableau workbook to use a .hyper extract instead and would therefore like to export directly to .hyper file with the output tool. 

However, my legacy Alteryx workflow experiences the following error when exporting (output tool to .hyper file type).

Error: Designer x64: The Designer x64 reported: InboundNamedPipe::ReadFile: Not enough bytes read. The pipe has been ended.

I am still able to export with a .tde in the workflow below and can also export to .hyper for other 'from scratch' Alteryx workflows.  This appears to be an issue only with my legacy Alteryx workflow.

HyperError.JPG

13 REPLIES 13
Watsa
8 - Asteroid

I had this issue as well. Until I converted String and V_String to V_WString, it worked fine. Thank you very much.

rjain
6 - Meteoroid

As a follow-up, the solution is to change all text fields to V_WString.

if you have multiple text fields to convert to V_WString, you can use the 'Multi-Field Formula' and convert them all at once instead of manually using the 'Select Tool'.

Here's an image of my setup.

multi.PNG

sl2
5 - Atom

Hi, thanks for posting this solution.  I was experiencing the same problem and this has helped.  When following step 1 (changing String or V_WString field types to V_WString), if there are many fields to update I have used a Multi-Field Formula tool to do this instead of using a Select tool.  Below is the configuration I used in case it helps others.

Multi Field Formula - change Output Type.png

Pianalyst
7 - Meteor

Hi I'm still getting this error even after converting all strings to V_WString and running Overwrite Existing Extract File (Create if does not Exist). I'm running Alteryx 2019.2 and would like to avoid updating due to server schedule transfers not working correctly.

Labels