Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error: FileID does not match in the FileHeader

TR
8 - Asteroid

Hello Fellow Alteryxers,

I've created multiple .yxdb's using the Download Tool. The content is page html from multiple pages (for this exercise 4 pages, each representing a state). The Output is 'To a File' using 'Filename from a Field' (the path and filename.yxdb is included in the field). When I add the .yxdb's to an empty workflow I see the following.

Thanks for your suggestions in advance!

Todd

DownloadData saved to .yxdb (1 of 4 .yxdb's in export)DownloadData saved to .yxdb (1 of 4 .yxdb's in export)

Download Tool details.Download Tool details.

Files (with differing sizes) shown in MS Explorer.Files (with differing sizes) shown in MS Explorer.

Screenshot of all 4 .yxdbs (unable to view contents)Screenshot of all 4 .yxdbs (unable to view contents)

4 REPLIES 4
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus
The reason for this is when you download data is is given a form. Usually .csv, .xml or .json.

You must use the same suffix as the expected type.

I only know this because I had this exact issue the other day!

Ben
TR
8 - Asteroid

Hey thanks Ben, if you were downloading html what type were you defining it to save as? Remember, I'm defining the filename so I have to set it in the Formula Tool. I've been trying different formats but haven't figured out which is correct.

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus
Have you tried .html?

You can then import it as an undelimited .csv file and work with accordingly.

Alternatively download it to a temp file and see if that automatically detects the type.

Ben
TR
8 - Asteroid

Ahhh, I recall using that method. So I was able to change it to .xml and decided to go with your suggestion of using .html. The tool that helps all of this work is the Dynamic Input Tool. Once the .html files are created for each page I then use the Dynamic Input Tool to select them using *.html. When the "Resolve File Type" popup opens I select the following: 

Capture - Resolve File Type.PNG

The key is using these settings.

Thanks @BenMoss for knocking off some rust, and hopefully this helps someone in the future,

Todd

Labels