Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Database upload suddenly taking hours instead of minutes, any ideas why?

Philip
12 - Quasar

I'm attempting to drop and replace a table on our SQL Server database. I've done this before, but today it's taking hours instead of its normal 5-10 minutes. The data set is about 2GB in size. I'm receiving these errors, which I've never seen before. The only difference is I've changed a field data type from V_WString to a 64 character String.

Output Data (2)    File Format does not match translated type.
Output Data (2)    Alias translated to odbc:DRIVER={SQL Server Native Client 11.0};DATABASE=TheDB;SERVER=OurServer;Trusted_Connection=yes|||TableName
Output Data (2)    ODBC Driver version: 03.80

Any ideas why I'm receiving these errors and/or why it's suddenly taking so much longer to upload? Are they related?

11 REPLIES 11
Philip
12 - Quasar

I'm using the SQL Server Bulk Loader. Is that what you're referring to? I believe I followed this video on how to do it.

https://www.alteryx.com/resources/writing-data-to-a-sql-server-with-alteryx-analytics

jorgerocha_10
5 - Atom

Thanks for sharing this Philip! This video helped me decrease my workflow runtime from 4 hours to 4 minutes!!

Labels