Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Data Output to Oracle: Create Table - Unable

DanielUpton
9 - Comet

Hi.  When attempting to output to Oracle, I choose the "Create New Table" option, and specify a table name as "[schema].test21".  On running the workflow, I get the following error msg: "DataWrapOCI: Unable to prepare the Create Table Statement: "Create Table..." [etc].  I do have Create Table permissions in Oracle, and the same Create Table statement succeeds when I run it in another Oracle client.   Here's a screenshot.   What do I do to overcome this?  Thank you.

OCI Error Pic.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
JessicaS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @DanielUpton,

Could you provide us the full error message?

What version of oracle and driver are you using?

Thanks!

Jess Silveri
Manager, Technical Account Management | Alteryx
DanielUpton
9 - Comet

Hi Jessica.

Solved my own problem this time.  The error statement doesn't specify it, but since I specified in Alteryx "Create Table" vs. 'Overwrite Table (Drop)" or "Append", etc., the workflow failed on the second run, since a table of that name was already created on my first run. 

JessicaS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for following up with the solution! I'm glad to hear you are up and running.

Jess Silveri
Manager, Technical Account Management | Alteryx
Sarav_93
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Daniel,

I have a question here, regarding creating a new table in oracle using Alteryx. I am able to create a table in oracle through Alteryx.

I tried to query the table in oracle, I got an error "table or view doesn't exist". But  I'm able to see the table and data in connection tree.

have you encountered any issues like this??? or if you know the step/solutions please let me know.

mlohani
5 - Atom

Seems like access problem to that schema in which table was created. 

Labels