Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Allocate Append Variables for Debt

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello!

Does anyone know if I can use the Allocate Append tool to get aggregate credit card debt information or aggregate mortgage debt information for a certain trade area?

3 REPLIES 3
MattT
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

That information really isn't available through Allocate however you could reference the ConsumerView Household file (Calgary Input tool) to pull in mortgage amounts and home purchase prices.  Within the Calgary Input tool, you would want to expand the "Investment Property" and "Mortgage-Home Purchase" data trees to view those data fields.  You would then need to perform a Spatial Match with your trade area and Summarize the data.    

Descriptions of the ConsumerView fields can be found within the US documentation (https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Data-Products-Knowledge-Base/Q2-2017-US-Data-documentation/ta-p/763...), in the Q2 2017 US Data Variable List.xlsx, on the "CV_Household" tab.  You may also want to review the ConsumerView penetration report for any fields you use as this will help to determine your level of confidence for a given data field.  The penetration report can again be found within the US documentation, then by navigating to the Experian folder - Consumerview - "Alteryx X216 Q2 Consumerview W Phone Opt 2 EI Condensed Counts.xls".  

MattT
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

One additional clarifying point - as you may notice in the Variable list, the fields that I previously mentioned are not licensed by default through Alteryx.  To utilize those, you will need to reach out to your Sales rep and license those additional fields through Experian.  I apologize for not mentioning this previously.

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

@MattT Thank you for your help. I will take a look at all of it and let you know if I have any additional questions.

Labels