cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Science Blog

Machine learning & data science for beginners and experts alike.
Announcement | Looking to expand your Alteryx skillset?! Check out the latest set of interactive lessons in Alteryx Academy: Creating Analytic Apps
 You are using an unsupported browser for translation. Please switch to another browser.

Alteryx
Alteryx

cheat sheet.PNG 

Who doesn’t love a good cheat sheet? Nobody, that’s who. Cheat sheets are awesome. They are a great reference for functions you need handy, but don’t have memorized by heart (yet). They can also be a fantastic way for learning and reinforcing components of a programming language. Some people like to keep them saved as a bookmark on their web browser. With all of that in mind, we are proud to present to you an Alteryx – R Cheat Sheet, which features Alteryx specific functions for use in the R Tool. With this cheat sheet, you should be better equipped to take on any R Tool challenges you encounter.

Read more...

Alteryx
Alteryx

LINEAR REGRESSION.png

Building my first linear regression model turned me into an instant celebrity. My roommate, who has acted as a sounding board for my predictive-analytics-learning progress, now believes I can use Linear Regression to predict the winner of the next horse race. While it would be fun to try, a more applicable use case is predicting how much a customer will spend (which, in the case of horse racing could translate to how much someone might spend on a bet). For my use case, I want to predict how much a Lyft driver can expect to receive on their next fare.

Read more...

Alteryx
Alteryx

titanic-c.png

Part 3 of 3: The final portion of predicting which Titanic passengers would survive.

Read more...

Alteryx
Alteryx

titanic-b.png

Part 2 of 3: The imputation portion of predicting which Titanic passengers would survive.

Read more...