Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Data Science

Machine learning & data science for beginners and experts alike.
SusanCS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

SusanCS_0-1586549876865.gif

Cheat sheets have such a terrible name. Maybe … empowerment notes? Shortcut page? Handy paper?

OK, none of those names have quite the same ring to them. We’ll stick with “cheat sheet,” I guess -- and I have one for you!

Below you’ll find our handy new Python Tool Cheat Sheet. If you’re using the Python Tool, this quick summary of some key functions should be useful. You’ll also find productivity-maximizing Jupyter Notebook keyboard shortcuts and some essential functions for manipulating your data with pandas.

Wallpaper_PythonCheatSheet_1920x1080px_PNG.png

To make your life even easier, you can get this cheat sheet in three different forms, all linked at the bottom of this post: a PDF with live links to the resources on the bottom right, plus two options for desktop wallpaper, Windows or Retina-friendly for Mac users. If you’re working from home and maybe don’t have access to the office printer right now, just pop the wallpaper onto your screen and have it handy as a reference.

If you’d like to build a personal repository of Python-related cheat sheets, here are some more to check out:

I hope these guides are useful to you! Because when it comes to cheat sheets...

SusanCS_1-1586549876635.gif

Susan Currie Sivek
Senior Data Science Journalist

Susan Currie Sivek, Ph.D., is the data science journalist for the Alteryx Community. She explores data science concepts with a global audience through blog posts and the Data Science Mixer podcast. Her background in academia and social science informs her approach to investigating data and communicating complex ideas — with a dash of creativity from her training in journalism. Susan also loves getting outdoors with her dog and relaxing with some good science fiction. Twitter: @susansivek

Susan Currie Sivek, Ph.D., is the data science journalist for the Alteryx Community. She explores data science concepts with a global audience through blog posts and the Data Science Mixer podcast. Her background in academia and social science informs her approach to investigating data and communicating complex ideas — with a dash of creativity from her training in journalism. Susan also loves getting outdoors with her dog and relaxing with some good science fiction. Twitter: @susansivek

Comments
andyuttley
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

Thanks for sharing @SusanCS - really helpful reference! 

Xeu911
8 - Asteroid

Thanks, very useful indeed! Is there an equivalent cheat sheet for the R tool? 

SusanCS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@Xeu911, glad you like it! There is indeed an R Cheat Sheet as well. Enjoy!

Accrual
7 - Meteor

Thanks for sharing, Great resource to have in my tool box.

jacob_kahn
12 - Quasar

Thank you for sharing this !!!!

RustyBee
5 - Atom

Fantastic resource! Thank you so much 😊