Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Data Science

Machine learning & data science for beginners and experts alike.
SydneyF
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Who doesn’t love a good cheat sheet? Nobody, that’s who. Cheat sheets are awesome. They are a great reference for functions you need handy, but don’t have memorized by heart (yet). They can also be a fantastic way for learning and reinforcing components of a programming language. Some people like to keep them saved as a bookmark on their web browser. Personally, I like to print them out and hang them up around my monitor, like weird cubicle wallpaper.

Cheat+sheet+meme.jpg

With all of that in mind, I present to you an Alteryx – R Cheat Sheet. This cheat sheet includes some Alteryx specific functions for use in the R Tool. Functions like read.Alteryx() and write.Alteryx(), which push data in and out of the R Tool. Hopefully, this will be helpful for both R Tool pros and newbies alike.

The R Community at large (especially R Studio) has created many other cheat sheets that you might find helpful in your R Tool endeavors. Here, I am listing a few of my personal favorites.

The R Reference Card (Tom Short at EPRI PEAC) has a little bit of everything 
The ggplot2 cheat sheet (R Studio) for help making the most beautiful plots
Data Wrangling with dplyr and tidyr (R Studio)
The devtools cheat sheet (R Studio), for when you’re feeling ready to start developing R packages of your own
The R Reference Card for Data Mining (Yanchang Zhao, R and Data Mining: Examples and Case Studies) includes a large variety of functions useful for data mining and data science

With all these cheat sheets in hand, you’re probably ready to take on an R-Tool adventure of your own. If you’re feeling like you want to build out a fully fledged R-Based Macro, I recommend the Creating Your Own R Based Macro Series on the Community.

For a more detailed write up on the functions in this cheat sheet, please see the associated KB article or the R Tool Help Documentation.

Sydney Firmin

A geographer by training and a data geek at heart, Sydney joined the Alteryx team as a Customer Support Engineer in 2017. She strongly believes that data and knowledge are most valuable when they can be clearly communicated and understood. She currently manages a team of data scientists that bring new innovations to the Alteryx Platform.

A geographer by training and a data geek at heart, Sydney joined the Alteryx team as a Customer Support Engineer in 2017. She strongly believes that data and knowledge are most valuable when they can be clearly communicated and understood. She currently manages a team of data scientists that bring new innovations to the Alteryx Platform.

Comments