Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

simplifying formula/workflow

macd
6 - Meteoroid

Hi all, attached are 3 screen shots of a wfl i inherited. I was wondering if there's a way to simplify these formulas where there's an individual step to select a field and then append information to the data for each month of the year. If there's a way to do if then or case or anything to make it look less daunting, would greatly appreciate the help. Thanks.

here's the formula to append:

"04/25/" + ToString(DateTimeFormat(DateTimeAdd(DateTimeToday(),-1,"years"),"%y"))

formulaformulafield selectionfield selectionoverviewoverview

4 REPLIES 4
Garrett
11 - Bolide

If I'm reading this correctly, my approach would like be to Transpose and then use a single Formula toll with an If-Then statement. See attached.

macd
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks. I am running version 10.6 x64 and can't seem to open the attached wfl.

KaneG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Re-attached @Garrett response that can be opened in v10. That's definitely the best process. One of the beautiful things about Alteryx is being able to transform or re-shape your data easily to dynamically process that data. In this case, to be able to run the one formula over everything at once.

I included 2 other ways of creating the date field in the formula tool as well.

macd
6 - Meteoroid

thank you both for your help. I need to spend more time to understand and implement the solutions you proposed. Take care.

Labels