Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

"Batching" Records for passing into Download Tool?

aMac
8 - Asteroid

Scenario: Alteryx needs to programmatically extract record data from Salesforce and pass in the comma-delimited Id value from each record into a Download tool's End Point that retrieves the specified data from YouTube's API as a JSON for parsing down streaming.

Challenge: YouTube's API only accepts 50 Ids passed into it for one given data pull.

Question(s)

1. Assuming there are 50+ Salesforce records, how could I use Alteryx tools to batch the records into 50 apiece?

2. How can I pass in the batch of 50 comma-delimited IDs into the Download Tool's endpoint URL? Is there some merge field that I could pass this string into?

2 REPLIES 2
Kanderson
10 - Fireball

We can definitely work out a batching macro, but have you considered the throttle tool? You can use this to limit how heavily you call or post to an API.

I have attached an example that will not execute as the API url is made up; however, it should give you a good pattern to follow for combining the URL and ID's as well as passing them to the download tool 50 at a time.

aMac
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Kanderson apologies for the much belated reply. In retrospect I don't think I was as precise with my question as I could have been, but your alteryx workflow was super helpful so I'll mark that as the solution.

IF you're willing, any suggestions if I am actually going to append all those values in Salesforce together and I only want to append a maximum of 50 field values at a time?

Labels