Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

WHERE IN Statement in Custom Filter

dshaw
8 - Asteroid

Can you use a WHERE IN statement in a custom filter?

Where [zip] in ("12345", "98765", "65432")

Or, is there another statement in the custom filter to accomplish the above without joining multiple filters?

5 REPLIES 5
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

The custom filter syntax doesn't require the "where". This is the expression:

[ZIP] in ("12345","98765","65432") 

dshaw
8 - Asteroid

Thanks.  I wonder if there is a list of common custom filter syntaxes?  Or, is it just SQL with Select and Where?

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Tools where you can enter custom expressions (ex: Filter, Formula, Multi-Field Formula, Multi-Row Formula) also feature a list of functions that can be used for reference or double-clicked to insert. The expression used in this case is found in the "Operators" section.

FilterFunctions.png

mbogusz
9 - Comet

Thank you @CharlieS.  I would just like to add this syntax can be used in the Dynamic Select tool as well.  My use case involved finding the Fields I had deselected (with a Select tool) with the Field Info tool via Joining and then using the Summarize tool 'concat' function to come up with the syntax to paste into the Dynamic Select tool.

2019-10-02 10_56_00-Greenshot.png2019-10-02 10_56_29-Greenshot.png

Just to add, if the field you're filtering is numeric (rather than string), you do not need the quotes. [Account Number] in (123,456,798). 

Labels