Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Union ERROR: MergeFields: Unhandled field-type conversion

tsterite
5 - Atom

I have 3 input tools each with a formula and select tool that are then unioned..

I’m receiving this error.."MergeFields: Unhandled field-type conversion".. I have gone to each of my previous select statements and ensured that all fields that are being merged in the union are the same type and size.

I used manual configuration in the union tool to align the columns.  Some columns only exist in one connection string.. do I need to create the fields in all 3 connection strings so that an error is not thrown from the union tool?

Thank you, in advance!

1 REPLY 1
tsterite
5 - Atom

SOLVED! Ultimately the issue (which was also causing my Alteryx Designer to crash) was the Union tool. Which in troubleshooting we did remove and add again.. however.. the trick was... to RUN THE WORKFLOW after removing the original union tool and before adding the new union tool.

We added the Union tool again, and ran the workflow with no error and no crashing!

Obviously there were some other things we looked at that could generate the error.. ie. fields that were being merged, some of the dates were coming in with time as well - I was just changing the type to date, but it was recommended to trim the time off of the field first, then change the field type to Date. And we double checked all fields merging fields to ensure the field types matched.

Labels