Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Transform Issue

MD2050
8 - Asteroid

Hello Everyone-

I am trying to transpose the following table (table on the left) using the cross tab and have no success so far, basically  i am trying to have the punch-in time's on a horizontal row instead of vertical column so that we can see multiple punch-in's and punch-out's by employee and by day(table on the right is the desired output) .

I have tried couple ways which were suggested in previous blogs in one of which i converted the time (double format) to string and then using a summary tool did a concat of the consecutive strings - issue with that is i couldn't get the time sorted properly by punch in and punch out.

Below is the snippet of the issue- left is the input and right is what is desired. would also like to see hours worked before and after taking breaks ,example for employee 1 on right hand side tableThank you very much.

Transform.PNG

1 REPLY 1
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus
how about using a multi row formula to add a count field for each employee date group. Row-1:count+1

Now filter for count = 1

Join the T & F outputs back on ID & Date and remove the duplicate fields.

This should get you over your hurdle.

Cheers,
Mark
Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
Labels