Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

There is no tab like <list of sheet names while importing excel sheet with multiple sheets

anbugans
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I am trying to input dynamically with different sheets using dynamic input. I am not finding <List of Sheet Names> sheet while extracting excel sheet. Any Idea how to get this. Can someone help on this. Thanks in advance.

Thanks

Ganesh.

6 REPLIES 6
Federica_FF
11 - Bolide

HI, @anbugans

are you trying to input a XLS file? The list of sheet names is available only for the XLSX format.

anbugans
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for your reply.

Yes. I am working with .xls format file. 

anbugans
8 - Asteroid

Yes. It is working after converting the file from .xls format to .xlsx format.

Swift34
6 - Meteoroid

I have a situation where this solution will not work for me...I am not allowed to modify the source data.....I must read it in how ever I can....and I would rather not have a work flow that has been 'hard-coded' to read in the many sheets from an xls file! If I were to convert the files to anything it would be a delimited file, not xlsx!!

I'm working on a macro that will hopefully solve my problem...but I just wanted to see if anyone else had solved this.

Thank you

spainn
9 - Comet

Hi Swift34,

I have exactly the same issue, in so much as I'd like to retrieve a list of the tabs in a xls so that I can then open the file and sheet dynamically.  Would you be happy to share with me how you resolved it, if of course you were able to?

Many thanks in advance, Nick

MikeSp
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hello @spainn,

There's a post from CameronS out there with a macro that may be able do what you're looking for.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Engine-Works-Blog/The-Ultimate-Alteryx-Holiday-gift-of-2015-Read-Al...

Thanks!

Mike Spoula
Senior Solutions Architect
Alteryx
Labels