Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Row limit for Hyper Extracts?

cfernand77
6 - Meteoroid

Hello, 

I have tried generating .hyper extracts for two separate tables with over 500 Million records and both extracts ended up with 238,212,877 rows. Has anyone else come across this limitation? Is there a workaround or a fix in the horizon?

Thanks,
Carlos

6 REPLIES 6
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Never heard of this being an issue (though it was only released the other day).

Could you share more details about the file.

How many cells does it actually have (i.e. columns *rows). What size of file is it generating?

cfernand77
6 - Meteoroid

Screen Shot 2018-03-16 at 8.55.58 AM.png

cfernand77
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Ben, 

I attached a screen grab with the file sizes (approximately 3.2 GB each).  Did the math and the number of cells in the files generated is 4,287,831,786 .  Guessing the difference in file size has to do with the fact some of the fields have the same value (-1) for every record in one of the files. Either way, I'm expecting each of these extracts to be closer to 500 - 600M records.

*** Note for Alteryx Team: The main reason we are interested in .hyper extracts is the potential for being able to migrate some of our dashboards (ones with several hundred million records) from the DB to extracts. Having this row limit for extracts from Alteryx is a major roadblock.

Thanks,

Carlos

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Have you tried generating the extract from within Tableau? 

Might be worth checking the issue is there, though I would agree and say the issue is more than likely to be with the Alteryx output.

DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@cfernand77

Here is some information on the Hyper Extracts from Tableau and how Alteryx can work with them. We have added Hyper to the Output tool in Alteryx version 2018.1

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Analytics-Blog/FAQ-Alteryx-and-Tableau-Hyper-Integration/ba-p/11016...

cfernand77
6 - Meteoroid

Turns out this was as user error.

Labels