Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Repeat Multi Row Formula

G_SAND
8 - Asteroid

Hi All

I have a set of data where I want to 'copy' the information from the rows above but on multiple columns. I can do it with multiple 'Multiple Row Formulas' but wondered if there was a quicker way

NameBatchD1D2D3D4D5D6D7D8
AX2592637912
AX        
AX        

To

NameBatchD1D2D3D4D5D6D7D8
AX2592637912
AX2592637912
AX2592637912

I'm sure it is simple.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

Hi,

I think the easiest way would be to transpose the data and then use the multirow...once the data is filled you can crosstab it back to return the original format:

multirow.PNG

DataBlender
11 - Bolide

Hi @G_SAND

Here's two possible ways of doing it.

The first is to transpose your data so that you only need to do one multi-row formula.

The other is to summarize to take the max value for each name, batch and column, then join it on to just the name and batch columns of your original data - that way you keep the required number of rows.

I'm sure there are other ways!

image.png

Claje
14 - Magnetar

EDIT: LordNeil has the same solution I do.

Hi,

Depending on how big your dataset is, the attached workflow should work.

Basically, by using transpose and crosstab, you can put all your D1-D8 values into one field, and then use that field, grouping on the name field generated by the transpose tool to make sure you get valid values.

If your dataset is large (Read: 1,000,000+ rows and 100+ columns) this may not be the fastest way of solving the problem.

G_SAND
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @LordNeilLord, I've gone with this one for now.

I am just checking a small set of data first to see if the process I want to do will work, then I'll be adding more to the data set.

So @DataBlender and @Claje - I may try your solutions as well.

Thanks as always

Labels