Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Remove both duplicate values, not just the later one

abender14
5 - Atom

Hello,

I am looking for a way to remove rows that contain duplicate employee ID numbers. I don't want to just show the unique values, but instead delete any row that has a duplicate (removing a pair of duplicates, not just the later duplicate value). Is there any way to do this?

My desired output is just the employee ID numbers that have not been duplicated. I pulled a report retroactively and one in the present say, so I am looking to find the rows that show up in one report but not the other (bidirectional).

5 REPLIES 5
ShaanM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

hi @abender14

this can be doing using the attached workflow.

within there I have used one of the CREW macros to help, this can return a true distinct rather than 1 of the duplicates

Kind regards

Shaan

Shaan Mistry
Co - Founder : datacurious.ai
LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

Hi @abender14,

I'd use the summarize tool to group and count on EmployeeID then you can filter on Count = 1

Remove Duplictaes.PNG

abender14
5 - Atom

This is great thank you for the quick reply!

abender14
5 - Atom

LordNeilLord,

Is there a way I can keep the rest of the fields, not just Employee ID? 

ShaanM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

hi @abender14

You would need a join tool after to re-join the data back , matching on Employee ID for both left and right streams.

The workflow i shared earlier in the post contains a macro which does all of the joining, negating the need for adding other tools.

Kind regards

Shaan

Shaan Mistry
Co - Founder : datacurious.ai
Labels