Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Regex expression error in Formula tool

ZoeyL1GL
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

Having a problem here - would be so much appreciated if anyone can provide the solution.

to identify any digit character(s) in a field and to replace with a string letter(such as F) to a string letter and any digit character(s):

Untitled picture.pngto   Untitled picture2.png 

I used Formula tool with an expression: REGEX_Replace([Column], "\d{0,}", "F\d{0,}")

tested the regex terms in Regexer.com, and it works well there. However, when applying the same expression on Alteryx, it gives me weird answers:

Untitled picture1.png

Or an any other function/tool would achieve the same result rather than using RegEx?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Zoey

4 REPLIES 4
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus
REGEX_Replace([Column], "(\d{1,})", "F$1")

Quick guess
Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
ZoeyL1GL
8 - Asteroid

@Marquee, thank you for your response! hmm, this seems still not working - it returns results like F for all lines. any further suggestions please?

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

Capture.PNG

@ZoeyL1GL,

It seems to work for me.  Please help me to understand what I'm doing differently?

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
ZoeyL1GL
8 - Asteroid

Thank you @Marquee! 

Sorry that was my mistake - I have missed the "()" in the line "(\d{1,})". I thought () didn`t do anything in RegEx. 

Many thanks, and it perfectly works now!

Zoey

Labels