Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

R Tool version Error

s_pichaipillai
12 - Quasar

Hi 

i am running into an issue while running R code in 9.5 R tool, the error is

Error: R (162): Error: This is R 3.1.1, package 'dplyr' needs >= 3.1.2

Also i see the below message from outout 

Info: R (162): R version 3.1.1 (2014-07-10) - x86_64

is this something we need to upgrade to 3.1.2 R tool in 9.5 Alteryx version

Thanks

Saravanan

7 REPLIES 7
Aguisande
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi,

I remember a case like you describe. In that case I just installed the new version of R in the same directory Alteryx installed it (In my case it was: C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\Alteryx\R-3.1.1\bin\x64\) and worked like a charm.

Make a backup of your actual directory and give it a try. 

Hope this helps.

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi all,

I appear to be having a simialr problem when trying to bring the "deldir" package which states it was built in a newer version (3.3.1).

I know the R tool that alteryx uses is 3.2.3 and have tried to follow the upgrade method above but keep hitting problems.

Would anyone be able to clarify the solution outlined here in more detail? Or does anyone have an alternative method?

Thanks

Ben

Aguisande
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi Ben, 

Some time ago, I believe it was when I writing the answer above, I received a macro from @BridgetT that allows you to install R packages.

I'm attaching it to his post.

Please, let us know if this helped.

Best,

_AG_

BridgetT
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @BenMoss,

Are you actually getting an error, or just a warning about the package being built under a different version of R? I just tried installing deldir through my RStudio, which also uses R 3.2.3. I then tested the deldir function both on RStudio and Alteryx, and it seemed to work fine on both. (It did give me a warning, though.)

If you're getting an actual error, I'd suggest installing R 3.2.x as your personal version and then installing deldir through there. I'm guessing that you currently have R 3.3.x and used that to install deldir?

Best,

Bridget

Bridget Toomey

Research Scientist, Analytic Products

Alteryx
Aguisande
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi Bridget,

Thanks for stepping in.

I installed using the R app you sent me and no problem nor warnings.

Maybe Ben is missing a "personal" R repository and that's why is failing?

BridgetT
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Aguisande,

No worries, I'm glad to help! Did you actually use any of the functions in the package after you installed it? I only got a warning when I used a function; there were no other problems. You may be right about Ben missing a personal R repository. But I think it's also likely that he does has a personal repository, but it's R 3.3.x rather than 3.2.x, so he inadvertenly installed the 3.3.x version of the package instead of the 3.2.x version.

Thanks,

Bridget

Bridget Toomey

Research Scientist, Analytic Products

Alteryx
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi both,

thank you so much for your help!

I beleive I have the issue resolved now thanks to you!

It appears I was just being over sensitive to the warning error that alteryx was giving me and it is not actually a 'fatal error' in that it still runs.

Thanks for pointing me to the install alteryx packages app as well, i've been looking for something like this, at present I use some code that allows me to install the package prior to running any further R-script.

package_name <- "deldir"
altx.repo <- getOption("repos")
altx.repo["CRAN"] <- "http://cran.rstudio.com"
if(package_name %in% rownames(installed.packages())==FALSE){
install.packages(package_name)
}
require(package_name, character.only=TRUE)

In this example.

It is running through :)

Thanks again.

Ben

Labels