Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

R Tool Data Frame Column Add Error

poles1c
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

I am reading data into an R tool as a data frame. Then I am generating a GUID using R's GUID function. I am then adding a column to the data frame = to the value of the GUID generated. These steps take place inside an iterative macro. For many iterations the steps complete with out any issue but for some of them I get the below error. Does anyone know what the issue may be? Code also pictured below.

Thank you!

Courtney

code.pngerror.png

2 REPLIES 2
JohnJPS
15 - Aurora

I was unable to recreate the error, in the sense that it correctly appended a GUID for me. Calling the R tool in an iterative macro... I know there's some overhead in running the Rterm.exe command behind the scenes, so this is just a guess - perhaps that's coming into play.  A potential work-around using only Alteryx tools is to just use a Formula tool to generate a GUID, via UuidCreate(), and then Append Fields tools to add it to each of your datasets, as in:

2017-02-06 17_03_43-Alteryx Designer x64 - New Workflow1_.png

poles1c
8 - Asteroid

Thank you for your responses everyone!. It turns out that on some iterations data wasn’t passing through the stream,therefore there was no data for R to read into the data frame.

Labels