Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Output vs List box

Alexstar
7 - Meteor

I created a list box which contains 30 different clients. After that I have a set up calculations depending on the choice. 

Let's say my list box is:

Client A

Client B

Client C

Client D

Calculation is  a sum of price for the same client.

I would Alteryx to run a report for all clients I have chosen, but not sum their price but separate them in the different excel files or tabs.

So if I select Client A and Client B then my output is sum for client A in excel spreadsheets called: Client A and sum of client B in a spreadsheet called client B.

Is something like that possible?

3 REPLIES 3
JordanB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Alexstar

I have attached a workflow which shows how you can choose your clients and then sum them up and output to multiple sheets.

Best,

Jordan Barker

Solutions Consultant

Philip
12 - Quasar

Hi @Alexstar

Yes, it's possible. Please see the attached. The two keys are using the List Box with the Update Value to generate the list of clients to be summarized (grouped by client). Then, in the output tool select Take File/Table Name From Field and use the Client field to change file/table name located at the bottom of the Output Tool configuration pane.

OutputChangeFileTableName.png

Alexstar
7 - Meteor

Labels