Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Output matches from one cell if value exists anywhere in another column

csh8428
11 - Bolide

I am totally new to Alteryx, and I haven't even gone through our company's Alteryx training yet. I apologize if this is an easy one.

I have a spreadsheet with a list of employees, their titles, if that title is an HR related title, and the company they are employed by.

Here's what I have

CompanyEMPL_IDEE has HR Related Title?
ABC1Y
ABC2N
DEF3N
DEF4N

I need to output a list that shows whether or not that company has an employee with an HR Related title

What I want

CompanyCompany has HR Related title?
ABCY
DEFN

I don't think I need the exact steps with all the details, but I really need to know the overall process and what tools to use to achieve that result.

Thanks,

4 REPLIES 4
LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

Hey @csh8428,

I'd use the summarize tool to group by Company and Max(HR flag):

HR Flag.PNG

@LordNeilLord

Part time Tableau, Part Time Alteryx. Full Time Awesome

Data Lover

NicoleJohnson
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

You might just be able to use a Summarize tool, if your data is formatted like the sample you provided... Choose Group By for Company, and then Max for "EE has HR Related Title?" field... this ought to give you N if all the employees are N's, but Y if there is an HR related title/Y response for any EE in that company.

EDIT: In other words, do what @LordNeilLord suggested :) 

Hope that helps! And nice job jumping right in to Alteryx & the Community!! 

Cheers,

NJ

LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

@NicoleJohnson great minds think alike :)

@LordNeilLord

Part time Tableau, Part Time Alteryx. Full Time Awesome

Data Lover

csh8428
11 - Bolide

That worked.. Thanks!

Labels