Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multi-row formula changes sorting

piotrpierszala
6 - Meteoroid

Hello,

I confronted the following problem. After I perform multi-row formula on my dataset it changes its sorting, which is crucial for the following another multi-row tools.

Of course I can sort it again every time, however this is the case only with certain caluclations.

How can I prevent unsorting done by multi-row formula or what is the reason for that?

2 REPLIES 2
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus
The sort is a result of your use of the grouping options in the multi-row formula. As long as the data needs to be in a specific order, you'll need to use a post formula tool to return it to the previous order.

If the data is already in the right sequence, then you can check the key as part of the formula and avoid any sorts.

Cheers,
Mark
Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
piotrpierszala
6 - Meteoroid

You are absolutely right I accidentally checked Group By option and didn't notice that. Silly issue.

Labels