Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Match or No Match across a row of many possible values

lahughes
7 - Meteor

I have a workflow that has created the following output below.

I want to create the Match field that says Match or No Match based on if any of the loc1, loc2, loc3, loc4, loc5, loc6, cells match the 9AUS cell.  If any of the loc cells with values in them do not match the 9AUS value, then in would be No Match.  If the 9AUS field is blank, then it would be a Match only if all the loc cells are blank, or a No Match if any of the loc cells have a value.

Values are all in text format in my data if it matters.

I am sure it is simple but I can't seem to figure it out.

rows.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
AmeliaG
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @lahughes,

Thanks for your question! Attached you'll find a workflow which will do the necessary checks to determine if it is or is not a match. This process was built to be dynamic so it can accommodate any number of loc fields. 

Please let me know if this works, if no, can you please help me understand where my logic went wrong?

Thanks!

Amelia

lahughes
7 - Meteor

Amelia,

Thank you so much.  Your solution worked perfectly for what I was looking to do.  I was going about it a different way, but your way was cleaner and more accurate.

Can I build on my original question?

So once I got the match, no match to work, I have run across another issue that I cannot figure out.

I attached some sample data.  You will see we have a material with several sub components at each location.

In my current run a no match would return for rows 2,8,9, and 15.

But if you notice location 1DSV has all of the same values as the 9AUS location, so I would technically want material 100093310 to return as a match, since at least one location matches identically, to the 9AUS location.

It would be really great if the returned text said something like "Match to 1DSV", but now I may be asking for to much :)

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Larry

Labels