cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maps for spatial tools not rendering?

abovino
Meteoroid

So I am playing around with the spatial tools, trying to get familiar with everything and such.  

It looks like the geocodes are mapping correctly, however there is no map rendering.  I tried selecting the 4 default Carto options but it's just a blank, grey canvas with my data points (see attached image)

Is there some prior setup involved with using maps?  An additional license key that's required?  I clicked around in the user settings and I set the default map to each of the possible Carto settings but no luck.

My Workflow is as follows:

Input tool containing several geocodes -> Create Points tool, correctly mapped to the long and lat fields -> Browse Tool (Map doesn't render) and a Report Map tool (again, map doesn't render)

When I open the Map Input Tool help workflow the Carto maps work.

EDIT: This only happened twice, but I received this error when trying to render the map:

mapserver-error.png 

image.yunorenderimage.yunorender

Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @abovino,

Thank you for your post. I checked your license, and unfortunately you do not have a spatial license. This is the reason you are not able to view any of the maps, nor would you have the the dataset loaded. If you would like, I would be happy to have your Account Executive contact you to discuss the details around a spatial license.

Thank you,

Dan

Dan Chapman
Senior Customer Support Engineer, Alteryx
New to the community? Get started here.
Alteryx
Alteryx

HI @abovino,

I may have been a little hasty in my response. I am checking with our Data Products team to confirm whether or not the Carto base layer is available without a spatial license. I will get back with you regarding this.

Thank you.

Dan Chapman
Highlighted
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @abovino

Sorry that you are running into some issues with Carto Maps. As you may know, the Carto map tiles are delivered via the web, and occasionally there may be an issue either fetching or rendering the map images in Alteryx.  This can usually be resolved quickly by refreshing the map (zooming in or out one level). 

Alteryx
Alteryx

@abovino, I have confirmed that the Carto base layer is included with a standard Alteryx license. No spatial license is needed.

Thank you and my apologies for my first inaccurate response.

Dan Chapman
abovino
Meteoroid

No worries @DanC, Thank you for confirming.  

@EricM,  I think the issue might be with my companies network settings.  I'll have to get with IT to confirm, but this is the only thing I can think of.  What's strange is I can use the download tool and receive a JSON response using various google API's with no issues.  I'll update when I've found a solution