Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Lookup previous records within time range

justinirizarry
7 - Meteor

Hi community! I am having a hard time solving a problem in Alteryx.

I am working with leads data as shown in the attached file.

For each entry (lead), I am trying to determine if there is a duplicate lead contained in the data set in the previous 60 days. A duplicate lead would be identified as one that has the same full name and email.

I initially thought I could use the multi-row formula with a conditional statement to solve this, but I can't seem to figure it out. Then I thought about created a new field that calculates a date 60 days prior to to the lead date, and using that with the Unique tool, but still no dice.

Any help would be appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hello @justinirizarry

This is a situation where one of my favorite tools, the Tile tool, can be used. I have attached a solution below. Let me know if you have any questions. 

NicoleJohnson
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

You could also use Multi-Row tool (grouping by First Name, Last Name, and Email) to calculate the difference between dates - see attached example! Allows you to calculate values between two records in a row to determine the days between them, and then you could filter out those that are within the 60 day range. Hope that helps provide some options!

Cheers,

NJ

justinirizarry
7 - Meteor

Thank you!

Labels