Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Listbox defaults

LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

Hey community chums,

I have a list box being populated from my input tool, which subsequently configures my select tool.

I need to make sure that the top 2 items are always ticked as these are required for latter parts of the workflow.

Any suggestions?

Listbox.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@LordNeilLord Try adding a select tool between your input and list box to unselect Row ID and Order ID. This makes it so the user can't unselect these fields. Then ensure that your select tool running to the rest of your workflow has Row ID and Order ID selected. The action tool won't change your selection on these 2 fields then.

Capture.PNG

For a much more brute force alternative, you could also add another action tool and update the xml to basically keep the row id and order id regardless of if the user selects it or not. But the above seems much cleaner.

LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

Thank you @patrick_digan

That's just what I needed

Labels