Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Is there a way to choose not to have line endings without using a .FLAT output?

Claje
14 - Magnetar

I am working on producing a file where I need to have no line endings.  In an ideal world, I would produce this without any additional files next to it, which is why I'm trying to avoid .FLAT

Is there any way to choose "No line endings" in the output data tool for a text output?

3 REPLIES 3
danrh
13 - Pulsar

The Data Cleansing tool has an option to remove "Tabs, Line Breaks, and Duplicate Whitespace".  This will get rid of line breaks, but with the possible issue of removing tabs and spaces you might still want in there.  If that's going to be a problem, I'd probably look into using some regex.

Claje
14 - Magnetar

So - the specific problem I'm trying to solve for here is actually that the Output Data tool is adding the line endings and there doesn't seem to be a straightforward option to remove it.  Before the final output step I have no line endings in the file.

Thanks!

Claje
14 - Magnetar

Alteryx Support to the rescue!

Using FLAT output with no line endings and a RegEX process to split into lines every few thousand characters got me exactly the output I needed!

Labels