Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Integrate (Join) Workflows

sbaker
8 - Asteroid

Are there any suggestions on how to integrate (join) results from a workflow with another workflow?  I need to use results from a large workflow in other workflows.  I would use the output file from the original workflow as an input source of the other workflows, but Alteryx doesn't seem to support Tableau files as input sources.  Currently I'm copy/pasting entire workflow(s) into other workflows so I can join the results.  This requires me to manage duplicate workflows; when I modify the original workflow I either have to re-copy/paste the entire workflow or apply the same modification multiple times.  This also causes the other workflows to larger and more complex than they need to be.  Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
ThizViz
11 - Bolide

I would recommend outputting the data as a yxdb rather than a tde, as this can be easily merged into another workflow. Then you can make the tde off the second workflow. If you still need the intermediate tde, just add another output tool so you're getting both a tde and a yxdb.
@thizviz aka cbridges, Bolide
http://community.alteryx.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/2328
napplewh
8 - Asteroid

I have one workflow split into two parts - Adjusted and Unadjusted - i can use the same input file but the metrics calculated out of them are different is there a simple way of combining the workflow parts into one

ThizViz
11 - Bolide

Sure - whether you use two workflows or two streams in one workflow, as long as the schema is the same, just use a union tool to combine the files.

clipboard_image_0.png

If you want the prep flow and the combining flow to run sequentially, use the CReW Runner macros for that.

clipboard_image_1.png

@thizviz aka cbridges, Bolide
http://community.alteryx.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/2328
Labels