Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Image as Hyperlink using Report Text?

dheerajpoojari
7 - Meteor

Is there an option to hyperlink an image using the Report Text? I have automated an email alert with tables, formatting etc, but am not able to get hyperlinks to images( example: footnote of social media icons and their hyperlink). This has to go out in an email.

15 REPLIES 15
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus
Yes it does. I have the base as the text link and put the image on top.

Sent from my iPhone
Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
NicoleJohnson
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

I believe you could do this if you added static images (social media icons, etc.) to your workflow via the Image tool (Reporting category), and then in your Report Text tool, choose the hyperlink icon. In the Text field, select your image field from the available fields drop-down list, and then enter or select your hyperlink address from the drop-down for Address.

ImageHyperlink.JPG

Is that what you were looking for?

Cheers,

NJ

dheerajpoojari
7 - Meteor

Hi Nicole,

Thanks for responding, right when I w as about to give up. 

I had tried your solution earlier, but the challenge is that the image does show up as a "clickable image". If you check your output, it will show the image in "Image" column and text in "Text" column.

Even if I use a "Render" output and push to temp HTML, it shows the image but does not show it up as clickable.

Regards,

Dheer

Transforming data, one bit at a time.

NicoleJohnson
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus
Well shoot, I must not have looked at the output closely enough... my apologies! I will tinker a bit more, see if I can come up with something. Sorry about that!!

NJ
dheerajpoojari
7 - Meteor

:-) Don't be sorry! You helping out is more of a favor! This is the only thing that's stopping me from publishing a post of formatted emails. I'll wait a few more days and then publish without this piece.

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

I cheated a little bit...

dheerajpoojari
7 - Meteor

WOAH! You actually got it? Does the cheating involve overlay of text and image?

Before posting a solution, can you give me a hint so that I can try? Also, what I want to replicate is below. One line of clickable social media icons.

icons.png

dheerajpoojari
7 - Meteor

@MarqueeCrew Would you mind sending me a workflow? I tried multiple times with overlay and an image and hyperlink, but I am not able to overlay properly. Thanks in advance for helping out.

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@dheerajpoojari,

Because you asked so nicely, I will attach my workflow.  I packaged it to include the Alteryx logo.

Cheers,

Mark

Labels