Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Identifying records with dates in a quarter

Stephenw_Keith
7 - Meteor

Hello all,

I am trying identify records (with a date field) with a date within the last month of every quarter in the year, and then find those records that have a date after the 20th but before the end of that month. Only the last month of every quarter. The date format is MM/DD/YYYY. 

For example, if the date is 03/21/2017 or 03/31/2017, I want to identify that record. If it is 03/19/2017, I don't. I also wish to not have to take into account the year. I don't want to have to update the workflow every year. I would like just the month and day to be relevant. 

I wonder if there is a way to deal with months with 30, 31 and February 28-29(?).

I am guessing I need to standardize the month and day and then use a conditional statement to identify records from the 20th day...to the last day of the month. Not really sure. 

Thanks for your help,

Stephen

4 REPLIES 4
jrgo
14 - Magnetar

@Stephenw_Keith,

I may not have gotten this exactly to your specs, but this should give you a better idea of how to add a process for this. Workflow attached...

image.png

Best,

Jimmy

EmanueleE
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Stephenw_Keith

here another solution!!!

alteryx8.PNG

Stephenw_Keith
7 - Meteor

Thank you. I'll be working on this tomorrow.

danrh
13 - Pulsar

I wasn't 100% sure on your requirements --- do you need more records generated to "fill in the gap" between the date on the record and the end of the month?  If that's the case, one of the other solutions with a Generate Rows tool would likely be the best option.  But if you're looking to just filter down to the records that are in the last month of the quarter from the 20th on, then the below will work:

image.png

Good luck, hope it helps!

Labels