Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to upload to a workflow containing CREW Macros to an Alteryx Server

ddiesel
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

I am trying to upload a workflow containing CREW Macros to our Alteryx Server but I am receiving the following error:

Capture.PNG

I already tried saving the CREW macro to a network location that the server has access to but I am still receiving this error. Does anyone have any tips for troubleshooting? 

11 REPLIES 11
patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

@ddiesel

When you built the workflow, were the macros accessible by both the server and desktop?

You can check/correct like this:

Options --> Advanced Options --> Workflow Dependencies.

If the network locations aren't used to reference the macros, you can change it here. 

Make sure you also click "ALL UNC" so that the server isn't trying to look for a relative network path (ie. "S drive", "Y drive", etc).

Following that, when you get to the Save screen there is a link to "Manage Workflow Assets".  Click that, then on the next screen un-check the macros.  Having them checked means that Alteryx will package them with the workflow when sent to the server (which you don't want to happen in this case).

Let me know how that works/if you run into any issues.

ddiesel
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Thanks for responding so quickly!

Yes, the macros are accessible from both the server and my desktop.

I do not see the macros under Workflow Dependencies. Should they be showing here?

Capture.PNG

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

Here's how I would solve this challenge:

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

@ddiesel

On the screen in your image, click on "Group By Dependency".  You should see the macros in that view.

Or.. just watch the video from @MarqueeCrew.  

That's the beauty of Alteryx - there's never just one way to get something done.

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

It turns out that we REMOVED the version macro within the CReW macro, saved it and still had problems.  It turned out that we had to close and open and realize that we finally had to re-add the macros after we had saved them minus the version macro.

Lots of FUN!

Thanks for the opportunity to work with you Deborah :)

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
ddiesel
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Mark, you're BRILLIANT!

Many thanks for your help with my application. Just tested it again and everything works perfectly. 

Have a wonderful weekend!

BrettLuckman
6 - Meteoroid

Hi there

I'm having the same problem as that which @ddiesel originally reported. I'm also trying to save to my Gallery and the Parallel Block Until Done macro isn't present. Whether I tick it in the asset option during upload or check the Options>Advanced options>Workflow dependencies (where it isn't listed??), I just can't work this out.

Could you expand on your solution that you describe here, with regard to the Version checking , etc ?

Thanks!

ralph2048
7 - Meteor

I have the same problem, It started to occur when I uploaded and installed the latest version of Crew Macros for 2018. I even followed the instructions above where I deleted versions and re-installed them - no help  I can run the workfiles on the Designer, but cannot export or save to server with out the error. And yes I have assets turned on and have even tried to add the crew macroes as a user asset. It looks like it is putting the crew macro into _externals\2\.... instead of the intended location of _externals\1 as shown here:2018-11-30 17_37_05-Analytics Server - Full Control.png

AND it does not show the crew macros up as a dependency at all.

2018-11-30 17_31_47-Analytics Server - Full Control.png

ralph2048
7 - Meteor

After re-building the work flow this problem went away.

I still cannot use listrunner to run a workflow that contains macros in it on the Alteryx server - works fine on Designer.

I get the following error in the log: Sequencer Log Macro Test, Error-Cannot find macro "Running On Alteryx Server.yxmc".

Labels