Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to upload to a workflow containing CREW Macros to an Alteryx Server

SOLVED
Highlighted
ddiesel
Asteroid

I am trying to upload a workflow containing CREW Macros to our Alteryx Server but I am receiving the following error:

Capture.PNG

I already tried saving the CREW macro to a network location that the server has access to but I am still receiving this error. Does anyone have any tips for troubleshooting? 

@ddiesel

When you built the workflow, were the macros accessible by both the server and desktop?

You can check/correct like this:

Options --> Advanced Options --> Workflow Dependencies.

If the network locations aren't used to reference the macros, you can change it here. 

Make sure you also click "ALL UNC" so that the server isn't trying to look for a relative network path (ie. "S drive", "Y drive", etc).

Following that, when you get to the Save screen there is a link to "Manage Workflow Assets".  Click that, then on the next screen un-check the macros.  Having them checked means that Alteryx will package them with the workflow when sent to the server (which you don't want to happen in this case).

Let me know how that works/if you run into any issues.

ddiesel
Asteroid

Thanks for responding so quickly!

Yes, the macros are accessible from both the server and my desktop.

I do not see the macros under Workflow Dependencies. Should they be showing here?

Capture.PNG

Alteryx Certified Partner

Here's how I would solve this challenge:

ACE & Alteryx Certified Partner
Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and reboot. Order shall return.

@ddiesel

On the screen in your image, click on "Group By Dependency".  You should see the macros in that view.

Or.. just watch the video from @MarqueeCrew.  

That's the beauty of Alteryx - there's never just one way to get something done.

It turns out that we REMOVED the version macro within the CReW macro, saved it and still had problems.  It turned out that we had to close and open and realize that we finally had to re-add the macros after we had saved them minus the version macro.

Lots of FUN!

Thanks for the opportunity to work with you Deborah :)

ACE & Alteryx Certified Partner
Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and reboot. Order shall return.
ddiesel
Asteroid

Mark, you're BRILLIANT!

Many thanks for your help with my application. Just tested it again and everything works perfectly. 

Have a wonderful weekend!