Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to perform mutiplication/division of two data streams

vx
6 - Meteoroid

Hi guys,

I think this is a very basic question, but I'm new to Alteryx and somehow I can't figure it out.

I want to do the following; take data stream A which has the form (it's coming from a summarize)

Table A

Teamq1q2(...)qN
Team112...3
(...)...........
Team N58...10

then take data stream B, which has exactly the same form, but with different numbers

Team B

Teamq1q2(...)qN
Team156...7
(...)...........
Team N103...4

I want to create an output (Table C), which will have the same shape, but where the values are the RATIO of the two tables

Table C

Teamq1q2(...)qN
Team11/52/6...3/7
(...)........3
Team N5/108/3...10/4

This seems like something that would be easy to do in Excel, but this will be part of a larger workflow in Alteryx...

Note1: I know I could use Summarize if I wanted to take the sum, but I'm interested in the ratio of the two, and also eventually the difference.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I've attached one option you could use. This transforms the table data to perform the operation, then transforms the resulting data back to the original structure.

vx
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Charlie,

That works great, thank you!

Best,

Vincent

JakeHeisman
5 - Atom

Hi Charlie, 

I am trying to find a similar solution, but Alteryx cannot open the file attached anymore. Would you be able to reupload it?

nagakavyasri
12 - Quasar

reuploading attached workflow

Labels